Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's 2011 already!

Blog ini sudah berhabuk setebal 3 inci and sudah bersarang labah-labah!
Okay it's time to clean up. So it's been 1 year 5 months since i last updated my blog. Many things happen during the long break. Got married, have a daughter, changed my job..and I am loving my life more than ever!
I don't want to talk much about marriage because everybody has their own definition of the real marriage. I know some people who don't really believe in marriage, some thinks that marriage is just on a piece of paper and for them, only love matters.But there are some that believe marriage is something that is pure connection that can only touches the heart of the believers. Well, yea it's up to your definition though. And for me, I do believe in marriage. And I come accross this quotation in one page (a friend of mine) , " Love is not about to find someone who you can live with, but it is about finding someone who you cannot live without". I love this quote!
And now i want to talk about babies. Yes i love babies! Especially newborn babies. They are just simply adorable. And the fact that now i have a 10-month-old daughter, i love babies even more. My husband and I name her Syasya Irdina. Syasya mean glowing (it means berseri-seri in Malay, I'm not sure glowing is the right translation) meanwhile Irdina means our pride and blessing. So when combined, it like " berseri- seri keberkatan dan maruah kami". And yes she is our pride. I will brag about her in the coming post! Of course I will. :-)
But thinking of babies, when will you know you are ready to have one. And how will you know that you will be a good parent? well you dont until you have one. You will never be ready and you will never know whether you will be a great parent or not because parenting is like a hands-on experience. And we all will be self-trained experts. You can read many books or learn from others' experience but there is no one correct way in raising a child. And every child is different. I mean their development, be it in skills or in behaviour. Just raise you child in a way that you think is the best for them, do not take advice blindly even from other that have the experience of raising, says 5 kids, because their kids and yours are different person. You know you child better that anyone else. That is what i learn from my experience. It works for me. Babies are like foreigners, they come withoit any manual for us to refer to, they don't speak our language, they don't understand our language, but they are fast learners. You will be amazed with what they are learning from us and what they can do especially in the first few years (well, i almost completed the first year and i am amazed already).
And yes, it has been a great year for me and i hope it has been great for yours, too!
Have a great year ahead. (2010 really flies, well at least for me).
So, see you in the next post. Have a great day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment